- 150g soft butter
- 115g caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup or honey
- 1 egg
- 340g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
1. Cream together the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a bowl.
2. Add in the flour, bicarbonate of soda and ginger and mix together.
3. Mix the egg into the ingredients to form a dough.
4. Chill the dough for 30 minutes in a refrigerator.
5. Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC / Fan 160ºC / Gas Mark 4.
6. Dust a work surface with flour and roll the dough out to 3mm thick.
7. Cut out 48, 7cm stars. Place 12 of the stars onto the Toughened Non-Stick Bakeware Baking Sheet (do not grease) and bake for 6-8 minutes until cooked through.
8. Leave to cool for a couple of minutes on the baking sheet and then using a palette knife lift the biscuits onto a cooling wire to cool completely.
9. Repeat with the remaining mix until you have baked all the stars.
10. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
Tags: food recipe Le Creuset baking