WHAT IS THERE TO SEE AND DO IN KILDARE?
There are plenty of places of interest for visitors including the Irish National Stud and Horse Museum, home to top thoroughbred horses, Kildare Town Heritage Centre, where you can discover the fascinating history of the county, and the historic Round Tower and St Brigid's Cathedral. Please see the local information section of our website for more detailed information.
WHAT CAN THE CHILDREN DO NEARBY?
Naas (+353 (0)45 876119)
Athy (+353 (0)59 8631524)
Naas (+353 (0)45 874653)
Portlaoise (+353 (0)57 8662626)
Other Things to Do:
Butterfly Farm in Straffan (+353 (0)1 6271109; www.straffanbutterflyfarm.com)
WHAT TIMES ARE THE TRAINS AND BUSES TO AND FROM KILDARE VILLAGE?
HOW DO I GET FROM KILDARE TRAIN STATION TO KILDARE VILLAGE?
There is a free shuttle bus service from Kildare train station to Kildare Village. To view the shuttle bus timetable click here. For more information call the Kildare Village Tourist Information on +353 (0)45 520501.
WHICH GOLF COURSES ARE NEARBY?
There are some excellent golf courses close to Kildare Village, including:
- Dunmurry Springs, Dunmurry, Kildare (+353 (0)45 531400; http://www.dunmurrysprings.ie/). Built to full USPGA specifications with spectacular views.
- The K Club, Straffan (+353 (0)1 6017399; www.kclub.ie) Designed by Arnold Palmer, The Palmer Course and The Smurfit Course are considered two of Europe's finest championship courses and have hosted 13 European Opens and a Ryder Cup.
- Carton House, Maynooth (+353 (0)1 5052000; www.carton.ie) Sweeping fairways, cavernous bunkers and impeccable greens. The Montgomerie Course has hosted Irish Opens.
- Palmerstown House, Johnstown (+353 (0)45 906901; www.palmerstownhouse.com). Located in the seclusion and beauty of a once world famous stud farm.
- Rathsallagh, Dunlavin (+353 (0)45 403112; www.rathsallagh.com) This parkland course designed by Christy O'Connor Jnr and Peter McEvoy has several lakes and small streams meandering across the fairways.
IS THERE A BUREAU DE CHANGE AT KILDARE VILLAGE?
No, but Bank of Ireland is located in Kildare town offering this service during banking hours. Alternatively, ATM machines at Kildare Village can dispense local currency and all boutiques accept credit cards.
CAN I PURCHASE GIFT VOUCHERS FOR KILDARE VILLAGE?
We offer a Gift Card, which can be used in all boutiques, restaurants and cafés at Kildare Village. It can be credited with amounts from €10 to €1,500 (photographic ID is required for purchases of €500 or more). The Kildare Village Gift Card can also be purchased online.
Please see the Gift Card section of our website for detailed information.
WHAT DOES KILDARE VILLAGE MEMBERSHIP ENTITLE ME TO?
As a member of Kildare Village you can enjoy the following exclusive perks:
- VIP access to Private Sales with up to an additional 20% off
- Invitations to new season launches and boutique openings
To register as a member, click here.